Sunday 8 November 2015

Crisis Report!

Hoi,

As said earlier; I have visited the Crisis Convention in Antwerp yesterday and it was a blast! We, as in my brother and me, arrived around 11.18hrs and went at it straight away. I had pre-ordered at about 4 different stores and so I was spared a lot of frenzied searching for the stuff I absolutely wanted to get. First up was Wargames Foundry where I bought their 2 Victorian Cyclists blister, the Chinese Tongs, 2 packs of Vikings and some Old West Townsfolk usable as Victorians as well. Due the fact I bought 6 packs I was awarded the Free Napoleon crossing the Alps figure jaaaay! Next came Annie (a.k.a the Dice Bag Lady) and boy how charming she is, a true pleasure to deal with. I bought her shieldmaidens and...yup I caved in again...the Frostgrave rulebook. Then I went up to Stronghold Terrain and Brother Vini's to get more Vikings; more specifically the main characters from the Vikings TV series.

I resubscribed at the WI stand and gained their 2 free miniatures to whit Simon the Montfort and Prince Edward.
At the bring and buy I obtained a copy of the FASA book "The Kell Hounds" I had been searching for it for years but wasn't prepared to pay the prices asked on Ebay in excess of $50,- I got it for €5,- me happy!

Johan from 20mm and then some made me 5 adobe buildings to be used with my 1:72 figures or at a pinch my 25mm Star Wars figures. They're great and deserve a post of their own so that will be forthcoming.

To top everything off I got a scenario book and Wargamers annual (2013) from Calliver books and a Gotrek and Felix audiobook from a friend. My brother and me made some pictures but most of them were overbalanced or unfocussed so here are the ones that did work out ok.

A very nice Congo table:


A brilliant Dystopian War table:



One of the tables I liked the best for sheer care of details and groundwork is this Arnhem table:





A table that certainly caught the eye was this large scale Napoleonic game:


This Dust table had incredibly well detailed terrain was very atmospheric, one would almost be tempted to start playing it.



Among some of the people I've met yesterday were some who I hadn't been able to see in the flesh before.
The Perry Twins attended the convention doing what they do best: make brilliant miniatures, in this case Colonial Infantry.


I also met up with Stefan from Monty's Caravan, a thoroughly decent and funny chap indeed!


The most important picture is, of course, saved for last, the loot:


I had a very good time indeed and can't wait to go next year!

Cheers Sander

Listening to:

9 comments:

David said...

Sounds a great show - I will have to make the trip over from the UK one year

The Angry Lurker said...

Never been to this show, good pictures and meeting the famous Stefan too!

Gunbird said...

So you picked up Frostgrave too eh? Looking forward to what you will do with it :)

Ray Rousell said...

Looks and sounded like an excellent day out Stefan!! Getting to meet other Bloggers is always great as well. And free loot is always a bonus!

Sander said...

@ David: it's absolutely worth it!

@Fran: would be great to meet you there Fran and Stefan truly is a nice bloke!

@Gunbird: I'll do absolutely nothing "with" it. I am interested in seeing what the fuss is about and will try to re-configure it for WHFB ;-) Oh and I might play the odd game here or there but I will not start great terrain building projects like some of you poor buggers out there!

@Ray: you either made a typo and forgot the word "with" in front of Stefan, or you posted your reaction to Stefan's blogpost at my blog Ray!

Pijlie said...

"I'll do absolutely nothing with it" is a sentence that will bite you in the posterior some day. Mwuhahahahaha.

But of course you should play it. It's a fun game!

Sander said...

Well I guess I am going to play it with YOU on the IMPACT convention ain't I? :-P

Stefan (aka. Monty) said...

Wonderful pictures and many thanks for your kind words. It was really great to meet you again and I'm looking forward to having another chance at Crisis 2016 at the latest!

Cheers
Stefan

Mill1940 said...

Thank yoy for liking my Arnhem game and the nice comments