Sunday 26 February 2012

Vorwärts!

Hoi,

My 7YW Austrian army is coming along nicely. A while back I've based all models for the Austrians I had lying about and am now by and by basing, coating and painting them. The figures pictured below are a bit of a benchmark for me. They are actually pewter Fine Scale Factory Prussian Cuirassiers which must have been lying here for about 10 years... Finally I have come round to painting them as a generic Austrian Cuirassier regiment. I know these are not my best ever, I have cut corners where possible and as such am not overly proud of them but each time you finish a project that has been bugging you for such a long time you just can't help feeling good about yourself ;-)

So here they are



Cheers Sander

Listening to: "everyone else is doing it, so why can't we?" by the Cranberries

3 comments:

Andrew said...

To be frank they aint half bad mum

Always that trade off isn't it between speed and detail. Personally I have such a mountain of lead and plastic that any paint is a bonus.

DeanM said...

Great looking unit; nice basing & flashy uniform - nice contrast to the black horses. Best, Dean

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice work Sander, the bases are great too!